We are looking for a PHP developer. Please find below a description of the position and the requirements. Please note that fluency in English is required for the position, as well as being able to relocate to Hamburg, Germany.
We’re looking for a new colleague to help us develop Tribal Wars!
Specifically, we’re looking for a PHP developer to work on the game’s backend and on the browser version.
InnoGames is a company that develops and publishes online multiplayer games such as Tribal Wars. It was founded in 2007 by the 3 original creators of Tribal Wars to allow them to make games full-time. We’re based in Hamburg, Germany. (That’s in northern Europe, which is not known for its beaches.)
Have a look below to see if you would be a good fit:
- Self-reliant realization of new game features, as well as optimization and further development in PHP
- Planning and realization of database structures
- Performance optimization
- Ensuring a high quality of our code through reviews
- Analysis and correction of errors
- Adjusting the architecture
- Optimization and automation of existing processes
- Creatively co-shaping the games you work on by contributing your own ideas
- Passion for Tribal Wars
- Completed training (e.g. as IT Specialist), or a university degree (e.g. in informatics), or comparable experience
- Very good knowledge of PHP 5.3 OOP
- Good knowledge of databases (MySQL)
- Fluency in English
- Interested in current web technologies
- Solution-oriented, fast way of working, as well as the ability to work under pressure
- A high degree of individual initiative and a high willingness to learn
- Good communication skills, and the ability to work in a team
- Knowledge of PHP 5.4
- Knowledge of Linux
- Knowledge of current web frameworks (e.g. Zend Framework)
- Solid knowledge of German
- Affinity to online games (especially to browser games or mobile games)
- Constant new challenges and projects in a sound and constantly growing company with flat hierarchies
- Responsibility and creative tasks, including a high degree of professional freedom for your own ideas
- A very good atmosphere in an intercultural environment, focused on teamwork
- Flexible working hours (core time 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.), and many team events
- Supporting and contributing to the company retirement arrangement
- Further training on a regular basis, and a flat rate for reference books
- Supporting your move to Hamburg (e.g. through temporarily staying at our company apartment, and allround support if moving here from abroad)
- Funding your parking spot on the premises, or your ticket for local public transport
- Preventive health care
- Creative breaks, e.g. during table soccer, at the PlayStation, or in a beach chair outside
- Complementary soft drinks and fresh fruit for all employees
Check out our job offer page for more general information about InnoGames and what we do.
If that sounds like fun and you think you’ve got what it takes, apply now!
Got questions? Shoot a mail over to email@example.com.
some of your hopeful future colleagues
-Jon “Morthy” Dawson (Browser and iOS Developer)
-Robert “Typhi” Aiking (Product Manager)